This HighEdWeb Academy offers leadership training tailored to web leaders and managers.
Offered immediately before the HighEdWeb Annual Conference, this intensive program offers an interactive learning experience in a small group setting.
For web directors and managers
What differentiates this Academy from other leadership programs is a specific focus on the job of a web director/manager that touches all facets of the job. This Academy will offer a holistic view of what goes into being a web leader:
- What is leadership, the importance of leadership for web professionals and how to develop leadership skills
- How to communicate effectively with campus administrators and stakeholders
- How to articulate the value of the web to obtain the appropriate staff and resources
- An understanding of higher education organization and administration, and the implications for the web
- How to manage people, including the ideal composition of a web team and hiring practices
- How to implement a web governance structure including a web governance framework, a comprehensive web strategy, development of policies and standards, and development of an effective evaluation process
Three Academies offered
This year we continue the Leadership Academy, Content/UX Academy and Technical Academy. Whether you’re a programmer, a communications professional or someone seeking to enhance their leadership skills, there is an Academy that will help you propel your skill set!