This HighEdWeb Academy offers leadership training tailored to web leaders and managers.
Offered immediately before the HighEdWeb Annual Conference, this intensive program offers an interactive learning experience in a small group setting.
About the Leadership Academy
What differentiates this Academy from other leadership programs is a specific focus on the job of a web director/manager that touches all facets of the job. This Academy will offer a holistic view of what goes into being a web leader:
- What is leadership, the importance of leadership for web professionals and how to develop leadership skills
- How to communicate effectively with campus administrators and stakeholders
- How to articulate the value of the web to obtain the appropriate staff and resources
- An understanding of higher education organization and administration, and the implications for the web
- How to manage people, including the ideal composition of a web team and hiring practices
- How to implement a Web governance structure including a Web governance framework, a comprehensive Web strategy, development of policies and standards, and development of an effective evaluation process
Three Academies offered
This year we continue the Leadership Academy, Integrated Marketing Academy and Technical Academy. Whether you’re a programmer, a communications professional or someone seeking to enhance their leadership skills, there is an Academy that will help you propel your skill-set!